Intern Housing

Campus Housing is happy to support students who are interns in the Chicago over the summer. We rent out apartment style housing for interns in need of summer housing.

  • Enjoy the city life. Our housing is nestled in the heart of the city's University Village neighborhood, which is home to many restaurants, coffee houses, and shops!
  • Live in a vibrant community. Live among a diverse group of college students and other young adults with a similar mission who call University Village and UIC their home!
  • Meet new people. Take advantage of special networking opportunities between yourself and other residents in the building.

For more information, please contact our intern housing office at 312-355-6310 or housingintern@uic.edu.

Accommodations

Intern Housing offers fully furnished 2- or 4-bedroom apartments which include:

  • Single bedroom
    • Twin extra-long bed
    • Desk
    • Closet
    • Dresser
  • Shared bathroom
    • Sink
    • Toilet
    • Shower
  • Shared kitchen
    • Oven/stove, full-size refrigerator/freezer, sink, cabinets
    • Cooking pots and pans, toaster, coffee maker, cooking utensils, eating utensils, tableware
  • Shared living room
    • Sitting furniture and coffee table
  • 24-hour security
  • On-site laundry included
  • On-site computer lab
  • Mail service
  • Vending Machines
  • Free Internet
  • Cable TV

Please note that there is a limited number of Studio Apartments at an increased rate.

Rates & Policies

Summer Intern Housing is available from May 28 until August 1, 2017. Minimum contract duration is one week. Extending your stay is done on a case-by-case basis based on room availability.

Early Move-in and Late Move-out dates are available upon request. Anyone wishing to stay during the extended dates is responsible for a Early Move-In or Late Move-Out fee ($100).

Duration    Nightly rate
7-21 nights    $48/night
22+ nights    $45/night

*Rates are for one person.

Reservations
To begin the reservation and payment process, apply online (LINK). Once you have applied, we will contact you with the next steps.

Terms & Conditions
Please download, print out and sign our Summer 2017 Intern Housing Agreement (PDF).

Deposit Policy
Any student who wishes to reserve housing at UIC’s Intern Housing Program must submit a 10% deposit of a minimum of 3 business days prior to arrival. The remaining 90% is due prior to their arrival date. All deposits are non-refundable.

Cancellation Policy
To cancel a reservation, written notice is required to UIC Intern Housing prior to occupancy. If notice of cancellation is received after an intern moves in, a charge of 50% of the remaining housing fee will be assessed. (50% of the remaining housing charges will be cancelled).

Intern Housing

1250 South Halsted St., Chicago, Illinois 60607
Phone: (312) 355-6318