The housing reapplication process, ReApp, occurs in two phases. Generally beginning February 1, residents are able to reapply for Campus Housing. Students who choose to not return are asked to fill out their housing intent. During the second phase, students will be given an access time to go online and choose the room they are interested in.
February 19 – February 23: RA staff will be holding information floor meetings about the ReApp process.
March 5 – March 7: Keep your same room selection. If you want to keep your same room as you currently have, you must access the system to select your room during this 3 day period.
March 8 – March 9: Living Learning Community selection. If you applied for an LLC, in order to guarantee a space in that LLC, you must access the system to select your room during this 2-day period.
March 12 – March 16: General Room Selection
- You will be assigned a ReApp time (much like course registration) based on your current class standing to access the system. Generally, the times will be between 9:30 am and 5:00 pm. Lottery times are staggered and determined based on class load. This will begin with priority, professional, and graduate students.
- You may access the system anytime after your selection all the way through April 14.
- After you secure your room, you will have 90-minutes to confirm your room and e-sign your contract for next year. In most cases, this will follow immediately after you select your room.
April 16 – May 1: New applicants attending UIC now (Spring 2018) can select their room and sign their contract for 2018-2019.
May 1: This is the last day to cancel your housing contract with no penalty. If you cancel your housing contract after this date, the penalties are as follows:
- Cancellation between May 2 and May 31: Students will lose their Housing Deposit and will be subject to a $200 cancellation fee. ($300 total)
- Cancellation between June 1 and June 30: Students will lose their Housing Deposit and will be subject to a $300 cancellation fee. ($400 total)
- Cancellation between July 1 and July 31: Students will lose their Housing Deposit and will be subject to a $400 cancellation fee. ($500 total)
- Cancellation between August 1st and the day before the contract begins: Students will lose their Housing Deposit and will be subject to a $500 cancellation fee. ($600 total)
- Cancellation after the contract begins imposes a full penalty (loss of deposit, $100 cancellation fee and 75% of the cost of the contract).