GUESTS AND CONFERENCES
Campus Housing offers the same safe, affordable, and comfortable housing options available to our students to many other individuals and groups looking for housing in the city of Chicago. Please explore our options available below to see what fits you or your group's needs.
Year-Round Guest Accommodations
Guest Housing offers the option of both short and long-term stays. Guest Housing is available to such individuals affiliated with the University of Chicago at Illinois as:
- faculty and staff
- prospective students
- department guests
- visiting scholars
We know medical students have different needs for their living environments. UIC offers short-term housing options in the Illinois Medical District (IMD) on our west side of campus to medical students visiting Chicago.
This option is available for visiting medical students that are working on:
- medical rotations
Summer Guest and Conference Accommodations - May 24, 2020, through August 9, 2020
UIC hosts students from around the world who are completing their summer internships in Chicago. Our convenient location near downtown Chicago and along public transit routes makes commuting easy for these students with access to the CTA buses and train lines.
Past interns staying at UIC have completed internships with the following companies/organizations:
- Tyson Foods
- FH Paschen
- Hillshire Farms
- Chicago Fire – MLS Soccer
Campus Housing offers housing options to both small and large conference groups facilitating their activities both on and off the UIC campus.
We offer both single and double occupancy rooms in air-conditioned residence halls throughout our east, south, and west sides of campus.
Our facilities offer:
- traditional-style rooms with a community bathroom on each floor
- cluster-style rooms are a combination of single and double occupancy units which share a small cluster bathroom within their own private suite
- suite style is the same as a cluster with the addition of a shared living space
- apartment-style units provide everyone with their own private bedroom, sharing the common spaces within the unit