Intern Housing

Intern Housing services have been suspended for Summer 2020 as part of efforts to reduce exposure during the current stay-at-home environment the state of Illinois is operating in.

Intern Housing is available from May 24, 2020, until August 2, 2020. Minimum contract duration is one week.

Campus Housing has available accommodations for interns working in the Chicagoland area, whether you are local to Chicago or moving here for your summer internship.

Intern Housing accommodations feature fully furnished 2 or 4-person apartments with private bedrooms and shared bathroom, kitchen, and living room spaces.

Benefits of living in Campus Housing include:

 

  • No Hidden Costs: all amenities and utilities are included in our rates in addition to
    • free wireless internet
    • free laundry
    • free cable TV (must provide your own TV)
    • kitchen amenities available
    • mail service
  • 24-hour Security
  • Location: Our housing is nestled in the heart of the city’s University Village neighborhood, which is home to many restaurants, coffee houses, and shops!
  • Community: Live among a diverse group of college students and other young adults with a similar mission who call University Village and UIC their home!

For more information, please contact our intern housing office at 312-355-6318 or housingintern@uic.edu.

Rates - Marie Robinson Hall & Thomas Beckham Hall

Marie Robinson Hall (MRH) and Thomas Beckham Hall (TBH) are apartment-style residence halls offering fully-furnished two and four-person units. All apartments are equipped with full kitchens, private bedrooms, and shared bathrooms.
Marie Robinson Hall & Thomas Beckham Hall Rates
Duration Nightly Rate (per person)
7-21 nights $48
22 nights or more $45

Rates - Academic & Residential Complex

Traditional Double units have community bathrooms on the same floor, sharing with up to 18 other residents or guests on that floor. Semi-suite units have private bathrooms in their unit, shared only with other residents or guests occupying that unit.
Academic & Residential Complex (ARC)
Unit Type Nightly Rate (per person)
Traditional Double $35
Semi-Suite Double $50
Semi-Suite Single $55

Policies

Reservations
To begin the reservation and payment process, apply online. Once you have applied, we will contact you with the next steps.

Terms & Conditions
Please download, print, and sign our Intern Housing Agreement (PDF).

Deposit Policy
Any intern who wishes to reserve Intern Housing must submit a 10% deposit at the time of application. An application is not considered complete until deposit is paid. The remaining 90% is due 48 hours prior to Move-In. All deposits are non-refundable.

Early Move-In
An early arrival starting on May 17, 2020, can be arranged for an additional fee ($100 plus additional nightly rates) – dependent upon availability.

Late Check-Out
A late departure of August 9 can be arranged for an additional fee ($100 plus additional nightly rates) – dependent upon availability.

Cancellation Policy
To cancel a reservation, email notice must be provided to UIC Intern Housing 48 prior to arrival. If notice of cancellation is received after an intern moves in, a charge of 50% of the remaining housing fee will be assessed.

Click here for Summer Intern Housing Application

Intern Housing

1250 South Halsted St., Chicago, Illinois 60607