Did You Know
Did you know a student who begins their academic career at UIC living on campus is almost twice as likely to graduate in four years than a student who doesn’t live on campus?
Campus Housing is home to students of all majors, backgrounds, interests, and academic class standing. Living on campus is optional, though the impact of your housing choice can be great.
Students can apply for Campus Housing once they are admitted to UIC! There is no deadline for applications, however, we do encourage interested students to apply as soon as they can if they have a specific residence hall preference, room type preference, or a roommate request.
Learn more about why Campus Housing is the Right Place for You.
Room Assignment Process
- Assignments will begin in mid-May and continue throughout Summer 2022 in a rolling fashion.
- Assignments are made in a first-come, first-served manner based upon the date of application completion. Applications are considered complete when the application is submitted online and the application fee is paid.
- Building and room preferences are subject to availability, based upon your application completion date.
- Assignments and other information will be sent to Housing applicants at their UIC email address (email@example.com).
- You must accept your offered assignment by signing your contract online. If you miss the deadline to sign your contract because you did not see the sent email, your preferred room type or building may be offered to another applicant.
- Once your contract has been issued, you will go online to sign your contract and pay your $100 (refundable) security deposit.
- Roommate requests are honored if they are:
- Mutual matching requests
- Both applicants have fully completed their application process
space at the time of placement of either applicant(s)
To update your application preferences prior to receiving your assignment and contract, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, UIN, and requested changes.