Did You Know
Did you know a student who begins their academic career at UIC living on campus is almost twice as likely to graduate in four years than a student who doesn’t live on campus?
Students can apply for housing as soon as they are accepted to UIC! There is not a deadline for applications, however, we do encourage students to apply as soon as they can if they have a specific building and room preference or a roommate request.
Room Assignment Process
- Assignments will begin late May 2021 and continue throughout Summer 2021 in a rolling fashion.
- Assignments are made in a first-come, first-served manner based upon the date of application completion. Applications are considered complete when the application is submitted online and the application fee is paid.
- Building and room preferences are subject to availability, based upon your application completion date.
- Assignments and other information will be sent to Housing applicants at
their UIC email address (email@example.com).
- You must accept your offered assignment by signing your contract online. If you miss the deadline to sign your contract because you did not see the sent email, your preferred room type or building may be offered to another applicant.
- Once your contract has been issued, you will go online to sign your contract and pay your $100 (refundable) security deposit.
- Roommate requests are honored if they are:
- Mutual matching requests
- Both applicants have fully completed their application process
space at the time of placement of either applicant(s)
You can change your preferences at any time prior to receiving your assignment and contract. Visit MyContract to make changes to your application.