When can students apply for Campus Housing? Heading link
Students can apply for Campus Housing once they are admitted to UIC. There is no deadline for applications, however, we do encourage interested students to apply as soon as they can if they have a specific residence hall preference, room type preference, or a roommate request.
Learn more about why Campus Housing is the Right Place for You.
Important considerations - please read carefully Heading link
- Assignments for new Housing residents began going out via email on July 14 and will continue throughout Summer 2022 in a rolling fashion.
- Assignments will be made beginning with date of application receiving priority order. Applications are considered complete when the application is submitted online and the application fee is paid.
- Building and room preferences are subject to availability, based upon your application completion date.
- Assignments and other information will be sent to Housing applicants at their UIC email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You must accept your offered room assignment by signing your Housing contract online. If you miss the deadline to sign your Housing contract because you did not see the sent email, your preferred room type or building may be offered to another applicant – make sure you are checking your email.
- Roommate requests are honored if they are:
- Mutual matching requests
- Both applicants have fully completed their application process
at the time room assignments are made for either applicant(s)
To update your application preferences prior to receiving your assignment and signing your Housing contract, please email email@example.com with your name, UIN, and requested changes.