Why Live on Campus
- A UIC student who lives on campus their first year is almost twice as likely to graduate in four years than a student who doesn’t live on campus.
- Academic support and classes are right outside your door. Campus Housing provides academic services such as free tutoring, Living Learning Communities (LLCs), and interaction with faculty outside of class.
- A four-year degree is cheaper than a five-year degree. When you live on campus you are more likely to graduate on time.
- We conveniently bill your account along with tuition and financial aid.
- Your utilities and laundry are included, so no trips to the laundromat.
- Living on campus makes it easy to make friends!
- Learn to step out of your comfort zone to meet new people and make life-long friends.
- We support you – we have an amazing network of resources within the University and plenty of programming and leadership opportunities for you to make the most of your college experience.
- Experience living on your own and independently in one of the best cities in the world!
- Come and go as you please… plan your day how you want without the need for a hefty commute time!
- Building security and live-in staff are around to respond to needs around the clock.
- If you have concerns, there is always someone to speak with or refer you as necessary.