Commons West (CMW) is a five-story traditional residence hall of double-occupancy and single-occupancy rooms, which open into a common hallway with two community bathrooms shared by each floor community. Adjustments related to COVID-19 will see Commons West double-occupancy units reduced to single occupancy for Fall 2020 in an effort to reduce occupancy density in the community. This will also allow residents of Commons West the benefit of a room design appropriate in size for two occupants all to themselves. All residents assigned to a Commons West Double will be charged the Double Room rate.
- Air conditioning and heat
- Free laundry
- Kitchenettes and vending machines
- Computer lab
- Lounges and common areas
- Walking distance to cafeterias and recreational facilities
- Extra-long twin bed
- Desk and chair
- Clothes closet and storage drawers
- Telephone jack
- Cable TV connection—additional fees may apply
- High-speed internet connection (including wireless)—additional fees may apply
For information on what to bring with you when you move in, please read Move-In Days.
Living Learning Communities
- Architecture, Design and the Arts
- Engineering & Computer Science
The UIC Campus Map provides university building and parking information, assists with directions, outlines UIC shuttle routes.