The Academic and Residential Complex
This new living-learning community located near Harrison and Morgan Streets is more than 151,000 square feet. The 10-story building provides residential accommodations for approximately 550 students in a traditional and semi-suite style environment.
Within the residential component, approximately 16,000 square feet features a fitness center, multiple social and/or gaming lounges, study lounges on each floor, laundry facilities, offices, and a tenth-floor sky lounge. The Academic & Residential Complex is LEED Gold certified by the US Green Building Council.
In addition to the residential components, the more than 50,000 square feet of academic space, includes three large lecture halls featuring “turn to team” design elements and four classrooms that enable team based learning. There are also several small group study rooms and open collaboration or individual work spaces, a tutoring center, along with computer stations, printers, and an IT helpdesk. The retail space is occupied by Starbucks.
This project is entirely financed by a private partner, American Campus Communities, in the first P3 partnership of its kind in the state of Illinois.
- Traditional Single and Traditional Double units have shared bathrooms on the same floor, sharing with up to 18 other residents on that floor
- Semi-suite units have private bathrooms in their unit, shared only with other residents of that unit
- 6’ closet with a shelf and hanging rod
- Extra-long twin bed
- Dresser with 4 drawers
- Desk and chair
- Garbage and recycling chutes – no trash rooms
- Social and programing space for the floor
- Third-floor academic space has large glass half-wall allowing natural light from outside and views to the first floor
- Tenth-floor sky lounge
- High-speed wireless internet
For information on what to bring with you when you move in, please read Move-In Days.
The UIC Campus Map provides university building and parking information, assists with directions, outlines UIC shuttle routes.